The 21st and 22nd of April saw myself and Isabelle (JPhysB’s Executive Editor) travel to London for the Journal of Physics B Board Meeting. Board Meetings are annual events where the Editorial Board and staff discuss the state of the journal and plan journal strategy for the next year. This year we unfortunately said goodbye to three Editorial Board members as their terms came to an end.
Professors Vladimir Akulin, Franz Kärtner and Marek Kus have all been vital contributors to the Journal and we are proud to have had them on our Board. We thank them for everything they have done and wish them all the best in the future. If you would like to read some of their work, we have put together a small collection below:
Professor Franz Kärtner
- Cut-off scaling of high-harmonic generation driven by a femtosecond visible optical parametric amplifier
- Scaling of high harmonic generation conversion efficiency
- Optical waveform synthesizer and its application to high-harmonic generation
Professor Vladimir Akulin
- Nonholonomic quantum control
- Population dynamics in cold gases resulting from the long-range dipole–dipole interaction
- Universal dynamical decoupling from slow noise with minimal control
Professor Marek Kus
- Entanglement for multipartite systems of indistinguishable particles
- When is a pure state of three qubits determined by its single-particle reduced density matrices?
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License
Front image and article image by Olivier Dulieu, used with permission.