From the January 2017 volume papers in JPCM will be published under a new set of section headings. These sections are:
- Surfaces and interfaces
- Soft matter, biophysics and liquids
- Physics of chemical processes
- Nanostructures and nanoelectronics
- Structure, dynamics and phase transitions
- Electronic structure
- Correlated electron systems
- Physics of materials
- Computational and experimental methods
We hope that these new headings better represent the field of condensed matter today. Most notable is the inclusion of a brand new section on “Physics of chemical processes”. Scientific research is becoming increasing interdisciplinary and many concepts and techniques from fundamental condensed matter physics are used to study chemical processes, such as catalysis and self-assembly.
Authors submitting to the journal will now be able to choose from the list above.
Look out for further features about these new sections, and the Editors who will represent them. Watch this space!